April 19, 2018

April MFT Birthday Project: Shaker Cards!

Hi everyone! Happy Thursday!

It’s time for the April MFT Birthday Project Challenge, and this month, we are creating one of my favorite types of cards…shaker cards!

Print

I really LOVE to create shaker cards, and this card was super fun to make, as it features not one, but TWO shakers! I began with a panel of Smooth White Card Stock cut using the A2 Rectangle STAX 2 Die-namics. I added a strip of patterned paper down the side cut from the Black & White Stripes Paper Pack.

I used the Balloon Shaker Window & Frame Die-namics to cut out the two balloons, and then added Balloon Shaker Pouches. I filled them with GORGEOUS Nuvo  Pure Sheen Peacock Feathers Confetti (LOVE!). I then cut the frames from Smooth White Card Stock using the Balloon Shaker Window & Frame Die-namics, and I inked them both using Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Ink, Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide Ink.

I used Lily White Doodle Twine for the balloon strings, and to create little bows for the balloon ties. The sentiment panel was cut from Smooth White Card Stock using Blueprints 27 Die-namics, and I stamped “YAY! YAY! YAY! Its Your Birthday” from Birthday Chicks, using Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Ink, Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide Ink. I finished off the card with a trio of enamel dots.

Print

cupsupplies

Print

Thanks SO much for stopping by! Please head over to the MFT Challenge Blog to check out what the rest of the team has created, and to play along with us!!

cupsignature

1 comment:

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!